Friday 12 February 2010

Hansel & Gretel

Not content with my effort on the flash animation below - I thought I really ought to have a go at stop frame, as this is the method students at Hastings College were using on the animation module. So I downloaded a demo version of i stop motion, which was a hoot, I have no cam corder but fortunately it recognised one of my still cameras so I was able to shoot the above. I then took it into imovie to add the effects, type and the sound. The distressed/noise effect works better at high res but not so well here at this smaller size (taking away detail) - I wanted to add a flavour of those slightly odd eastern european animations that haunted my youth ! A tad short but the exercise may well inspire me to do a longer one at a later date...

No comments: