Thursday 6 May 2010

So How well Is Your App Doing ?


So, once you've got your apps out there, aside from marketing them to app review sites how do you know how well they are doing ? Well for one my developer sends me a weekly spread sheet of sales (approaching a total of 1000 downloads a week + ago), which is great and I can also see which country it gets really popular in ! Another method is to visit say apple itunes in the states by clicking on the flag on the bottom left of your itunes (if you're in the UK like me). I did this today to get the ipad book chart as Elly book 1 to 3 all went ipad in the last week - well the good news is I'm at no 30, 56 and 58 in the top paid ipad apps (books section) - thrilled by this I'm now awaiting the sales figures for the last week - keep you posted. How else can you monitor though ? Well I also found a site called appannie.com which is currently free during open beta and provides rankings figures for your apps throughout the world on daily/monthly basis, on iphone or ipad... plus top grossing apps etc.

I found that I got to No 17 in books briefly in the states, that Elly was also featured on new and noteworthy in the states (which I never knew) and finally that I got to No 10 in Costa Rica, wow thank you Costa Ricans every where !

1 comment:

ana said...

!!Congratulations!!
I like your illustrations